Perdido Street Station - China Miéville, John      Lee Weirdness and more weirdness! What a steampunk novel could be if directed by Quentin Tarantino on a Spike Lee joint. Chock full of striking images, such as these, acchhh! slake-moths!
slake moth
Mieville has a way of getting inside your head, clamping on like a leech and sucking all of your mental juices, until you're ready to implode from the onslaught of mind-warping prose. It will take all your will power to pull yourself away and breathe in clear, clean air. Makes one wonder how the real-life Mieville is while he's in the middle of writing books such as this.

Recommended for those who like any of the references mentioned above, and can remain calm and lucid throughout the time that the author is assailing your mind and senses with all sorts of weird sh**! And, oh, by the way, it's a love story, between two very dissimilar beings, but should we expect less?
Am still deciding how I truly feel about the book. It's at least worth four stars. Will reserve my final rating after I read the next one in the series, The Scar.